Mrs. Joyce Hicks
- And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
- And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
- And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
- And when he saw them, he said unto them, go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
- And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
- And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
- And Jesus answering said, were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine?
- There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
- And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
- Right next to one another but couldn’t stand each other – hmmmm
Social Distancing (way worse than what we have just been through)
Crying Out to Jesus
When was the last time you cried out to Jesus?
Rituals vs Worship
All ten were willing to do a religious ceremony; that is go to the priest. Only one was filled with true praise and thanksgiving. “External religious exercises are easy enough, and common enough; but the internal matter, the drawing out of the heart in thankful love, how scarce a thing it is! Nine obey ritual where only one praises the Lord.” (Spurgeon)
- Naaman (2 Kings 5)
Ungrateful – Where are the nine?
- Ungrateful: not feeling or showing gratitude
Synonyms: Unappreciative; unthankful, thankless, ungracious
- We live in such an ungrateful society today. It is the norm not the exception.
- How often does anyone even say thank you?
- Age of entitlement
- Do we even know what that means?
- Worship: the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.
- Synonyms: reverence, adoration, adoring, devotion, praise, thanksgiving, praising, glorifying, exaltation, extolling, homage, respect, honor, esteem, magnification
- Adoration: deep love and respect
“O Come let us adore Him”
Thy faith hath made thee whole
This man alone out of the ten who were miraculously healed received the second miracle of salvation from sin. His trust, gratitude, humility, commitment, love, praise, and worship mark his faith in Jesus as the faith that saves. – MacArthur
Have you been made whole?